Terms & Conditions for Individual bookings up to 4 rooms
1. When you the Guest make a booking you enter into a contract with the Hotel under which we undertake to provide accommodation and/or other specified hotel services on specified dates at specified rates to you and which you undertake to receive from us on the specified dates. This supply is under the following conditions which you are deemed to accept by making a booking and which we will enforce in the event of any dispute arising from your booking.
2. No booking is confirmed until valid credit or debit card details have been supplied to the hotel. The card account must have funds to cover the full cost of the stay. We require the card number, expiration date and 3 digit CCV number on the reverse of the card. When you give us your card details you grant permission for us to take payments as they become due. This includes deposits and balances on your account with us, including sums arising as a result of your stay for services provided or damages caused.
3.We reserve the right to take full payment or a deposit from you and to charge cancellation fees if you cancel your booking. The taking or not taking of a deposit has no bearing on your obligations under this contract and you are liable for the cancellation charges listed below whether or not full payment or a deposit has been taken.
4.The deposit taken will be UP TO 50% of the cost of the booked accommodation or the cost of one night's stay, whichever is the greater
5.If you cancel your stay less than seven days prior to check in you will be liable for a cancellation charge of 50% of the contract value which is the total cost of your booking.
6.We reserve the right to charge you the full value of the contract in the event of cancellation less than 48 hours prior to check in or in the event of curtailment of your stay
7.You are liable for charges for goods and services you have ordered, regardless of whether or not you have taken up such services
7.1 You will also be liable for accommodation booked but not used as a result of your curtailment of your stay
7.2 For the avoidance of doubt, checking out prior to your confirmed check out date is curtailment of the contract period by you
8. We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance to cover your obligations under this contract. We may, at our absolute discretion, waive deposit, cancellation or curtailment fees. Any such waiver is not a breach of these terms and conditions
9. We absolutely reserve the right to terminate the contract, either before, on or after the commencement date, for any reasonable cause including lack of availability of accommodation and for the inclusive but not exclusive examples of reasons given below in 9.1
9.1 Unreasonable behaviour or unlawful action(s) on the part of the paying guest or persons staying with them or visiting them in the hotel. (Grounds for termination include but not exclusively: Smoking in a prohibited place, taking or selling or offering illegal drugs, exhibiting verbal or physical abuse towards the staff or other guests, causing damage to the hotel through action or negligence, refusing to obey safety instructions from the staff or emergency service personnel in the event of an emergency or safety drill)
9.2 In the event of cancellation or curtailment of the contract by the Hotel, our liability to you will be limited by these terms and conditions and/or to any monies paid by you to us but not credited against goods and services already provided.
9.3 You will be liable for the cost of accommodation booked but not used as a result of termination of the contract by us except where such termination or curtailment is as a result of accommodation not being available or becoming unavailable during your stay
9.4 In the event of cancellation or curtailment of the contract by the Hotel because accommodation is or has become unavailable only, we will refund to you any balances on your account after deducting the cost of goods and services already provided up to the point of cancellation and/or curtailment.
9.5 The hotel does not offer refunds for any goods and services already provided.
9.6 Under the Licencing Act (Scotland) 2005 we have the absolute right, without having to give any reason or explanation, to decline entry onto the property to any non resident, and to refuse to serve, or cease serving, alcohol to any resident or non resident.
9.7 We may charge you sums in addition to the value of the contract as a result of your actions, or the actions of your invited guests, on the property, for example for cleaning charges for excessive soiling, cost of repairs to damage to the fabric of the hotel, replacement or repair of fixtures, fittings and operating stock and for any labour costs and management time incurred in carrying out or arranging for such repairs and or replacements.
9.8 For the avoidance of doubt, smoking in bedrooms and public areas is strictly prohibited by Scottish Law. Violation of this law by smoking in the bedroom (which includes hanging out of the window of a bedroom) will incur a deep cleaning charge of not less than £120 and may lead to a fixed penalty fine of £50 under the Smoking, Health and Social Care (Scotland) Act 2005
10. We may change our published rates at any time without notice. At certain times of the year our rack rate may not be valid, or be restricted.
13. In the event of a dispute with the hotel these terms and conditions will be applied. The hotel will make every effort to resolve grounds for complaint if given the opportunity to do so.
13.1 Complaints and queries concerning your stay must be raised with the staff or management as soon as the grounds for the complaint or query are discovered.
13.2 Complaints and queries regarding your stay made in writing after the termination of your stay must be communicated to the hotel within 14 days of your departure.
13.3 No written complaints or queries will be accepted if communicated later than 14 days from departure except where the grounds for the complaint or query were discovered after this period.
Examples of complaints limited by clauses 13.,1 and 13.2 are matters of service, comfort and amenities. Examples of complaints outside of clauses 13.1 and 13.2 but within clause 13.3 include incorrect credit card debits discovered on statements and other billing errors.
13.4 The hotel does not and will not accept or admit any liability, direct or indirect, resulting from any accident and or injury to the guest or their visitors on or off the premises, occurring before, during or after any period of stay at the hotel.
15. The contract between you and the hotel is made under Scottish law and the Scottish courts shall have full jurisdiction over any legal claims or disputes.
16.These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under consumer protection legislation
17.Muckrach Limited has the right of assignment of the contract between the hotel and the individual or agent making the booking